Sales & leaseback
Sale & leaseback of the property they occupy offers property-owning companies a means to improve their capabilities to finance new businesses and new investments, or simply to improve their balance sheet.
Sale & leaseback involves selling off one’s property portfolio while remaining its occupier through a commercial lease.
Rodschinson Investment teams support companies at every stage of the sale & leaseback process for single properties or portfolios. With specialists in offices, retail, logistics and light industrial premises, hotels and healthcare assets, Rodschinson Investment services include:
- Real estate asset analysis and market positioning
- Valuations, cash flows, price positioning (lease and sale), rate of return analysis of scenarios
- Sale strategy and timetable; initial targeting of potential investors, especially when dealing with occupier specific assets and complex portfolios
- Process organisation
- Assessment of building work costs (capex) if required, selection of documents for inclusion in the data room (regulatory audits, surveyor’s report etc.)
- Lease terms and conditions
- Assistance in the analysis of financial and accounting impacts: tax effect of disposal and IFRS impact (recording of leasing contracts), financial audits for resale of financial leases and companies
- Investor targeting
- Analysis of offers received and assistance with negotiations of terms and conditions until closing
- Coordination with lawyers and auditors, if required; management of data room questions/answers, reporting on execution